Sydney Metro Northwest is part of Sydney Metro – currently Australia’s largest public transport project and first metro system.
The Northwest section spans 36km, connecting Tallawong Station (formerly Cudgegong Station) to Chatswood with 8 new train stations that will provide improved transport for Sydney’s northwest.
The project recently reached a milestone with the delivery of the first station at Tallawong and a visit from NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian, and NSW Minister for Infrastructure, Andrew Constance.
HASSELL Studio design the 8 new stations and works beneath the viaduct Corridor with Glascott delivering the entire landscaping package for Northwest Rapid Transit.
Glascott’s scope of works includes:
- Landscaping at 8 New rail stations, 2 facility centres and 1 stabling yard
- Importing 48,057m3 of soil
- Hauling and placing 91,930m3 site soil
- Installing 28,815m3 of organic mulch
- Planting 948,340 shrubs and groundcovers
- Installing 4671 established trees
- 276,590 m2 hydro seeding
- 18 months of landscape maintenance and establishment