With our Wollongong division opening last year, we are delighted to be working on our first project for Wollondilly Shire Council – the design and construction of Telopea Park Youth Zone.
Wollondilly Shire Council sought public feedback on several local parks including Telopea Park with the community requesting more youth spaces to enable the younger community to gather outdoors with access to skate facilities and a basketball court.
Glascott Landscape and Civil are working with design partner Taylor Brammer Landscape Architects to take the existing concept supplied by council and develop it into the final design incorporating stakeholder expectations along with shelters, furniture, sandstone seating, trees, and garden beds.
The full scope of works includes:
- Developing the concept to final detailed design including survey, Geotech investigations and engineering.
- Demolishing existing concrete court
- Building the Skate and Scooter Park
- Construction of the half court used for both netball and basketball
- Supplying and installing bike hoops, street furniture, drinking feature, and custom metal screens
- Sandstone seating walls and garden beds with mature trees
Glascott are undertaking thorough research and design development before construction commences, including looking at construction methodologies, products, and materials to ensure the park meets the community needs. The new park is due to be completed by June 2022.